artanis

Re: [Artanis] documentation format

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: [Artanis] documentation format
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 12:26:17 +0200

Le 2015-08-04 09:31, Nala Ginrut a écrit :
hi Cameron!

On Tue, 2015-08-04 at 00:07 -0500, Cameron Tindall wrote:
Hi,

I am impressed with Artanis and currently playing with it for some of my personal web projects. I did notice, however, that the documentation could use some going-over by a native-English-speaking proofreader. In order to help out the project, I'd like to do so, but I see that the current .texi format documentation is actually do to having exported this from an Emacs
org-mode format file. In light of this, my question is this:

Many thanks for following Artanis, it's still a baby and under
development, so any help would be appreciated! ;-)
And I'm not a native-English user, I do need extra help to correct the
sentences in the manual.

What is the preferred format for documentation changes, and how can I
submit these contributions?

If you're comfortable with github, you may send pull request directly
(you may need to fork the original repo first).
https://github.com/NalaGinrut/artanis/blob/gh-pages/docs/manual.org

And if you're familiar with old-school style patching process, say,
format a patch and send it to address@hidden, it's fine too.

(I should say that I am a native English speaker from the United States
that has had experience teaching English as a second language and some
experience with proofreading/editing. I'm not a Scheme hacker, but am
trying to learn, so will be editing the documentation on this basis).

As I said, it's great appreciated to have your help, it's very important
for this project. ;-)

I look forward to hearing back about what would be the best way for me to contribute. I'm not a GNU hacker currently, but admire the FSF's philosophy
and am eager to help. I think with some slightly nicer documentation,
Artanis (and Guile generally) may be a big draw toward using free software
instead of non-free alternatives.

Because Artanis is under heavy development, it's better to contribute
smaller things first just like what you've proposed to the manual. It's
easier to review and more likely to be applied. When you get more and
more familiar with Artanis and GNU tools, you may challenge the bigger
contributions. Believe me, I grown up in GNU community just like what I
described. In the beginning, I'm a pure layman. Of course, I put many
time to learn things by myself. ;-)

So I'm looking forward to your questions and contributions. Please don't
hesitate to ask. Answering questions is benefit for me too, and it's
helpful for folks who is looking around here.

Don't hesitate to join us on IRC. The channel is #guile and the server is irc.freenode.net. amz3 is my IRC handle.

Best regards,

--
Amirouche ~ amz3 ~ http://www.hyperdev.fr