tex-jp.el (was: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Regarding directory layout...)

From: Masayuki Ataka
Subject: tex-jp.el (was: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Regarding directory layout...)
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 17:39:45 +0900 (JST)

From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Regarding directory layout...
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 14:00:05 +0200

Sorry for late reply.  I'm very busy now Xp

(snip)
> "CONTRIB_MULE" contains the Japanese TeX mode: can somebody refresh me
> on the circumstances when it will get loaded/used?

tex-jp.el has two Japanese TeX modes (japanese-latex-mode and
japanese-plain-tex-mode).
It is loaded when the class file is for Japanese (jarticle etc...).

Currently, we missed autoloads for Japanese TeX in tex-site.el.

> Just glancing over it, the only use of Japanese (and probably MULE?)
> in tex-jp.el seems to be in the error message catalogue.

tex-jp.el provides some commands and variables for Japanese.
Maybe they can be merged into tex.el and latex.el, except
Japanese error message catalogue.

> If that is the case, we might in some future version remove the error
> message catalogue to a separate file (I already proposed using an info
> file for that because of convenient interfacing, but getting Japanese
> into info files might be even more difficult than getting it into
> Elisp.  So maybe we need language files with our own separate format
> after all).

I agree splitting error message catalogue (even I can't find
out your proposition mail using info).

A comment for Japanese info file.  At present, makeinfo does
not support Japanese.  Emacs' info formatter stops (?)
developing.

---
email: address@hidden
Name:: Masayuki Ataka // (Japan)