[AUCTeX-devel] Re: auctex.spec: auctex.el/preview-latex.el vs. suse-star

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: auctex.spec: auctex.el/preview-latex.el vs. suse-start-*.el
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 13:13:33 +0200

On Sat, Oct 08 2005, Ralf Angeli wrote:

> * Reiner Steib (2005-10-06) writes:
[...]
>> Would it do any harm if we install it under the original name
>> `auctex.el' and `suse-start-auctex.el'?
>
> Then `auctex.el' wouldn't have any function, right?  I'd find that
> confusing.

If the admin doesn't want to enable AUCTeX globally (he could simply
remove `suse-start-auctex.el'), it would give the user the change to
proceed as suggested in the manual:

  (load "auctex.el" nil t t)

Maybe it's better to create `suse-start-auctex.el' when preparing or
installing the RPM (similar for preview-latex):

,----[ site-start/suse-start-auctex.el ]
`----

> In my opinion `full-release' doesn't even have to depend on or call
> this target respectively.

ACK.  (It made sense when David did the release on Fedora.)

I could build RPMs for SuSE and Fedora for 11.81 and upload them to
gnu.org if wanted.  Or is there a plan to do another release soon?
Then it might make more sense to do it only for the next release.

BTW, despite of AUCTeX's tradition of surprise releases it would be
nice to drop a note about an upcoming release on auctex-devel.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)