[AUCTeX-devel] Re: auctex.spec for 11.8x

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: auctex.spec for 11.8x
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:27:31 +0200

On Mon, Oct 10 2005, Ralf Angeli wrote:

> * Reiner Steib (2005-10-10) writes:
[...]
>> AFAICS, `auctex-init.el' doesn't make any sense (at least if
>> `auctex.el' is loaded first.
>
> And if auctex-init.el is loaded first, it makes unloading of AUCTeX
> impossible.

Hm.  I don't know in which order they are loaded.  Ed, probably it's
better to remove `auctex-init.el'.  I don't see any benefit in it.

On Mon, Oct 10 2005, David Kastrup wrote:

> I am copying him with this message.  Maybe if people have an idea how
> we can best cope with getting the spec file in line with the proposals
> in install.texi, as well as keeping it working on SuSE, it would be
> good to shoot it out on the list.

Could you elaborate what's missing WRT this in the current spec file?

On Mon, Oct 10 2005, Ed Hill wrote:

> But, if you folks think its a good idea then then I'd be happy to help
> (free time allowing) write and test a spec-file (or maybe multiple spec
> files?) to make it easier to install all of AUCTeX on Fedora, SuSE,
> Mandriva, etc.

We have a single spec file for Fedora (AFAICS barely tested since
David doesn't use Fedora anymore).  First it was RedHat only (IIRC),
latter support for SuSE was added.  I've tested it on SuSE 9.2
(building, installing and using it) and I could build the RPM a couple
of days ago on Fedora.

> And yes, I have so far failed to incorporate the preview-latex bits into
> the latest Fedora Extras AUCTeX RPM.

Could you please test the current auctex.spec from CVS on Fedora?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)