Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Make TeX-insert-macro behave intelligently on \us

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Make TeX-insert-macro behave intelligently on \usepackage
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:57:20 +0200

Arne Jørgensen <address@hidden> writes:

> The inferior and carelessly modeled solution is `multi-prompt' I
> think. I already have a implementation that does that
> (http://arnested.dk/filer/usepackage.patch).

> Now. What road to choose? I tend to prefer the solution with
> multi-prompt because we don't have to double stuff. The inferior
> usability of multi-prompt should be nagging enough (Ralf).
>
> On the other hand since multi-prompt is part of AUCTeX choosing the
> other solution we could eliminate multi-prompt and only have the
> superior functionality of crm/tex-crm?

I think other parts of AUCTeX rely on multiprompt, and there might be
some third-party packages as well.

I'd prefer to keep multiprompt in the distribution, I think, though we
might add a warning that it might be removed at a later point of time.

Is the crm functionally a superset of multiprompt?  If it is, we could
try to make wrapper functions that map to crm when available, and use
multiprompt if not.

It would seem to make sense to use either multiprompt or crm
consistently, the way it sounds, but I think it is ok to make the
decision at load time.