[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Accessing TeX-related documentation

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Accessing TeX-related documentation
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 11:35:30 +0100

* Ralf Angeli (2005-11-17) writes:

> Occasionally I find myself opening an external shell for running
> texdoc.  I think it would be nice to have access to TeX-related
> documentation from inside Emacs.

Okay, I checked something into CVS.  You can access documentation
about packages available through texdoc as well as documentation about
LaTeX and Texinfo macros available through the respective info files
by calling `TeX-doc'.  It would probably be more convenient to have a
key binding for that.  I thought about changing `C-c TAB' (currently
used for opening AUCTeX's info file) to a prefix command.  `TeX-doc'
could then be bound to `C-c TAB TAB' (aka `C-c C-i C-i') and AUCTeX's
manual be opened with `C-c TAB RET' (aka `C-c C-i C-m'; "m" for
"manual").  What do you think?

--
Ralf