[AUCTeX-devel] Re: 11.84

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: 11.84
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:56:35 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-08-24) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'd like to release 11.84 before Emacs pretest starts in order to be
>> able to upload an Emacs/AUCTeX bundle with a recent AUCTeX shortly
>> after the pretest started.
>>
>> Are there any outstanding issues?
>
> AUCTeX should handle file names with spaces in them.  The way to do
> this is to not call tex/latex with "\input ...".  We can pretty much
> do everything necessary for that with command line options, except
> TeX-DVI-via-PDFTeX.

If you thought this would get better with MiKTeX 2.5:

$ pdflatex -output-format dvi foo
pdflatex.exe: Invalid command-line option
$ pdflatex --help | grep output-format

$ pdflatex --version
MiKTeX-pdfetex 2.5.2365 (1.30.6) (MiKTeX 2.5)
Copyright (C) 1982 D. E. Knuth, (C) 1996-2002 Han The Thanh
TeX is a trademark of the American Mathematical Society.

--
Ralf