[AUCTeX-devel] Re: New auctex version coming, and the freeze

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: New auctex version coming, and the freeze
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:28:06 +0200

"Davide G. M. Salvetti" <address@hidden> writes:

> DK> No part of AUCTeX will end up in Debian non-free without Davide
> DK> having to bend Debian rules even slightly.

Uh, this was probably not really phrased correctly.  What I meant and
should have written:

    No part of AUCTeX will end up in Debian non-free, and this without
    Davide having to bend Debian rules even slightly.

I did not intend the meaning one could read into the original
sentence.  Sorry if this came across differently.

> DK> This is a better situation than that of Emacs itself, and I am
> DK> grateful to be able to save users and developers the respective
> DK> hassles.
>
> I would like to make it clear that I do not see the need to fork
> anything, manual included.  I'm happy with how AUCTeX is being
> developed and with how David is doing as the AUCTeX maintainer.  I
> support AUCTeX being a GNU project.  I shall not follow any fork:
> Debian will continue to include upstream AUCTeX, at least for what
> depends on me and with the current situation.

Thanks,