[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:38:51 +0200

27/03/11 15:24, Ralf Angeli
> * Tassilo Horn (2011-02-11) writes:
>
>> I've just found out that my previous patch doesn't work if the tex
>> source is split into different tex files residing in different
>> directories.  Here's an updated version that fixes that issue.
>
> Thanks a lot.  Since the copyright assignment is now available (thanks
> for the heads up) I've applied your patch.

Hi,

Great work, inverse search works out of the box, and I'm now able to
ctrl-click in evince and get to the right location in emacs. Thanks!

I haven't been able to make direct search work, though. Doc says

Forward search happens automatically upon calling the viewer, e.g. by
typing C-c C-v (TeX-view). This will open the viewer or bring it to
front and display the output page corresponding to the position of point
in the source file. AUCTeX will automatically pass the necessary command
line options to the viewer for this to happen.

But that doesn't work using evince and (setq TeX-source-correlate-method
'synctex) (it always gets to the first page, and calls evince with -p 1
for some reason). Any pointers?