Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex in emacs vs. CVS reftex

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex in emacs vs. CVS reftex
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 18:58:53 +0200

* Tassilo Horn (2012-07-27) writes:

> because Vincent's patch I noticed that there's in fact a separate reftex
> CVS repository which I wasn't aware of.  Earlier today, I committed some
> reftex changes in Emacs's bzr repository.
>
> The CVS repo hasn't been touched since 2010 while there are recent
> changes in the version bundled in emacs.  Diffing some files, it seems
> they've diverged quite a bit, not only in trivial parts.

I've also been surprised how much they diverged when I last tried to
merge changes.  And that's been some months ago.

> How is that supposed to be handled?

The original idea was to do feature development in the standalone
version which is hosted in AUCTeX's CVS repository and occasionally
merge changes between this and Emacs' repository.  Unfortunately this
hasn't happened due to a lack of time on my side.  So what I'm currently
planning is to merge the code related to new features from AUCTeX's into
Emacs' repository and retire the standalone version.  I don't have an
eta for this yet, though.

--
Ralf