Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Converting AUCTeX CVS to a modern dVCS

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Converting AUCTeX CVS to a modern dVCS
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 20:54:25 +0200

Ken Brown <address@hidden> writes:

> On 8/1/2012 3:53 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:
>> I don't have a strong opinion about what dVCS we'll eventually use.  Git
>> seems to be a bit more popular (I also know it much better) and the Git
>> repo is about 10 times smaller than the bzr one.  Bazaar on the other
>> hand is a GNU project like AUCTeX and claims to be easier to use and
>> probably better supported on Windows.
>>
>> Opinions, problems, suggestions welcome!
>
> The discussion of this seems to have fizzled out without very many
> people expressing opinions.  I'll add one vote for Git.

Ok, noted.  Since I've seen Stefan Monnier complaining about the
currently bad bzr development state driving emacs to eventually switch
to git, I'm also voting more strongly for that now.

  http://osdir.com/ml/bazaar/2012-09/msg00021.html

I'll try to do another test conversion on the weekend and if that works
out, I'll really do it.

Bye,
Tassilo