Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Narrowing

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Narrowing
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 20:35:16 +0200

The attached patch is a middle ground between my narrowing function
and the Nicolas' one, but I believe we should keep visible the
enclosing `\begin' and `\end', because in some cases (i.e., when
`\begin' starts at column 0 in the real file) this will help to
maintain the correct indentation.  Comments?  I will add a brief
description to the manual as well.

Looking at `LaTeX-mark-environment' code I noticed this:
      (dotimes (c count) (LaTeX-find-matching-end))
      (setq end (line-beginning-position 2))
so the end of the marked region isn't the end of the `\end' macro but
the beginning of the next line.  Consider the following case:
    \begin{document}\begin{itemize}\begin{equation}
    --!--
    \end{equation}\end{itemize}\end{document}
If point is at --!-- `LaTeX-mark-environment' will mark the region
from `\begin{equation}' to `\end{document}', which isn't the expected
result.  Therefore I suggest to replace `(setq end
(line-beginning-position 2))' with `(setq end (point))'.  Objections?

Bye,
Mosè