Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Narrowing

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Narrowing
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 22:09:46 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:
> The attached patch is a middle ground between my narrowing function
> and the Nicolas' one, but I believe we should keep visible the
> enclosing `\begin' and `\end', because in some cases (i.e., when
> `\begin' starts at column 0 in the real file)

I tend to remove those because I sometimes do narrowing + change major
mode in order to edit inlined asymptote code, and then the \begin and \end
get in the way.

> If point is at --!-- `LaTeX-mark-environment' will mark the region
> from `\begin{equation}' to `\end{document}', which isn't the expected
> result.

It's something that happens to me regularly but I must admit I never
found it sufficiently annoying to change the code or report the
behaviour... Still, I would be very glad if it did the right thing as
you suggest !

--
Nico.