[AUCTeX-devel] Git workflow

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Git workflow
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 15:19:00 +0100

Hi,

is there a common workflow for pushing changes to the master git
repository from Emacs?

For my last changes I've fired up VC Dir, marked the changed files and
then checked them in with `v'.  Since I could not see the change on
Savannah's web page for the AUCTeX git repository, I've issued an
additional `git push' on the command line.  I'm not sure if this was
necessary because even after that it took some time for the changes to
show up on the web page.

What I'm looking for is something like `cvs-examine' which shows (among
other things) the changed files, let's you select them and then check
them in.  AFAICT VC Dir provides similar functionality, but as mentioned
above I'm not sure if I'm pressing the right buttons.  Or is there a
better way?

--
Ralf