Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Git workflow

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Git workflow
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 17:07:06 +0100

Hi Ralf,

2013/11/10 Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> is there a common workflow for pushing changes to the master git
> repository from Emacs?
>
> For my last changes I've fired up VC Dir, marked the changed files and
> then checked them in with `v'.  Since I could not see the change on
> Savannah's web page for the AUCTeX git repository, I've issued an
> additional `git push' on the command line.  I'm not sure if this was
> necessary because even after that it took some time for the changes to
> show up on the web page.
>
> What I'm looking for is something like `cvs-examine' which shows (among
> other things) the changed files, let's you select them and then check
> them in.  AFAICT VC Dir provides similar functionality, but as mentioned
> above I'm not sure if I'm pressing the right buttons.  Or is there a
> better way?

I've never found how to push git commits to the remote repository
using VC, and it seems I'm not the only one
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2012-04/msg00211.html.
 To manage Git repos inside Emacs I (and, again, I'm not the only one)
use Magit, the command line otherwise.

Bye,
Mosè