Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Adding key/vals to predefined ones

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Adding key/vals to predefined ones
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 08:52:03 +0100

Arash Esbati <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Arash,

> some packages like enumitem.sty oder caption.sty (something I'd like
> to see supported by AUCTeX BTW) have the infastructure to define new
> key/vals by user in addition to the predefined ones.  E.g.,
> enumitem.sty offers `\SetEnumitemKey' and `\SetEnumitemValue' for this
> purpose (cf. section 9 Generic keys and values of the documentation).
>
> Is there any blueprint how this can be implemented on AUCTeX side?  The
> following excerpt for an `enumitem.el' works for commands mentioned
> above, but I have still no clear idea about how to build a bridge
> between AUCTeX auto-parser and key-vals defined when a file is loaded,
> i.e. how to add items from `LaTeX-enumitem-SetEnumitem*-list' to
> `LaTeX-enumitem-key-val-options'.

You could also use two separate variables, e.g.,
`LaTeX-enumitem-key-val-options' and an automatically buffer-local
`LaTeX-enumitem-key-val-options-local', and then your argument functions
you use in `TeX-add-symbols' and `LaTeX-add-environments' in your style
hook would append the values of the two variables to build the complete
list of keyval options available for a macro/environment.

Bye,
Tassilo