[AUCTeX-devel] [culprit] (was: «global.sty» include, master, subfiles)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] [culprit] (was: «global.sty» include, master, subfiles)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 20:16:09 +0100

   > No, I don't have a clue right now and I don't think XEmacs is intended
   > to behave differently from Emacs in this regard.
I think I found the culprit:
it is TeX-style-path:

,----
| `TeX-style-path' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "tex"
|
| Value: ("/usr/local/var/auctex/"
"/usr/local/share/xemacs/xemacs-packages/etc/auctex/style"
"/home/oub/.emacs.d/auctex/auto" "/home/oub/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto"
"style")

| Documentation:
| List of directories to search for AUCTeX style files.
| Per default the list is built from the values of the variables
| `TeX-auto-global', `TeX-style-global', `TeX-auto-private',
| `TeX-style-private', `TeX-auto-local', and `TeX-style-local'.

`----
but the TeX-style-private variable is *not* listed for Xemacs, but for
GNU emacs, I checked its definition there must be something xemacs, does
not understand

(defcustom TeX-style-path
  (let ((path))
    ;; Put directories in an order where the more local files can
    ;; override the more global ones.
    (mapcar (lambda (file) (when file (add-to-list 'path file t)))
            (append (list TeX-auto-global TeX-style-global)
                    TeX-auto-private TeX-style-private
                    (list TeX-auto-local TeX-style-local)))
    path)
  "List of directories to search for AUCTeX style files.
Per default the list is built from the values of the variables
`TeX-auto-global', `TeX-style-global', `TeX-auto-private',
`TeX-style-private', `TeX-auto-local', and `TeX-style-local'."
  :group 'TeX-file
  :type '(repeat (file :format "%v")))

The only thing I can think of might be
(add-to-list 'path file t)

I will ask in the Xemacs beta list.

For the time being I could just customize this variable myself adding
the path of TeX-style-private explicitly