Re: [AUCTeX-devel] amsrefs support in reftex

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] amsrefs support in reftex
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 13:58:42 +0200

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> And using those, I will be soon able to move by tokens.  The next step
> could be making e.g. M-d and M-DEL kill a word /or/ a token, depending
> on the context.  For instance, in this situation:
>
> \foo-!-bar
>
> pressing M-DEL kills "foo", which doesn't make sense, and I want it to
> kill "\foo".

In this concrete example, I think killing only the "foo" does make
sense.  Or is there a space between \foo and bar?

> I have some more plans for that library, too.  In general, I'd like to
> have something like "a paredit for TeX".

Oh, yes, sexp-based motion for LaTeX would be awesome.  BTW, you might
want to have a look at the expand-region package which provides commands
for expanding/contracting the current region according to semantical
units.  Next to the obvious programming languages, it also supports
LaTeX and is pretty good in doing that.  So maybe you can get some
suggestions there, or maybe expand-region can be improved by using your
package.

Bye,
Tassilo