Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [problems with TeX-arg-ref]

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [problems with TeX-arg-ref]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 17:43:14 +0000

   > Hi Uwe,

   > Could you please provide a reproducible recipe?

Sure, please find attached my work-in-progress exam.el. Load that file.
Just in case I attach my reftex setting.

Open the following minimal exam file, which you find attached as well
Do
TeX-insert-macro
titledquestion

And run into the problem I described.

   > No.  You have good forecasting abilities ;-)

   > `TeX-arg-ref' is overtaken by RefTeX, if present (or, to be more
   > precise, when `reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX' is non nil), so I miss the
   > point of your suggestion.  `TeX-arg-ref' is just a convenient function
   > that can be used in AUCTeX for both situations: RefTeX present or not.
   > In general, in AUCTeX we don't deal directly with RefTeX functions.

Not for me.

I have set this variable to t, however when I use

    '("titledquestion" "Title" ["Points"] TeX-arg-ref)

I experience the behaviour I described, but if I use

    '("titledquestion" "Title" ["Points"] reftex-label)

Everything is fine.

Uwe