Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Next release?

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Next release?
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 12:15:28 +0100

>  www.xemacs.org is back! There are still activities on bitbucket, mainly
>  by Aidan. Here is a excerpt from hg log -G
> [...]
> That is of course not comparable to GNU emacs but still the project is
> *not* dead. As David Kastrup pointed it out, xemacs is in a state
> comparable to (plain) TeX: very few contributions, but not dead.

Thanks for the update reg. XEmacs homepage.  I also hope that XEmacs
will not become defunct.

> Also I switched for most of my work to GNU emacs, I still would like to
> see that the Xemacs compat code would stay in auctex[1], till it really
> caused trouble of course.

I'm not thinking about removing compat code.  I'm thinking about marking
11.90 as the last version with XEmacs support.  Code coming in future
might be incompatible.  But again, the same question would go for Emacs
versions as well.

Best, Arash