Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Fix for tex-jp.el

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Fix for tex-jp.el
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 23:49:43 +0900

Hi Arash,

> I vaguely remember that tests against (X)Emacs should be done via
> `featurep' and not against a function or variable; hence I would write
> something like this:

>     (let ((lcs (if (featurep 'xemacs)
>                    (get-coding-system-from-locale (current-locale))
>                  locale-coding-system))))

Unfortunately, not all xemacs versions have the relevant functions.  It
seems that xemacs 21.5 has while 21.4 does not.  Maybe it depends on the
presence of mule feature.  (I don't know the detail.)
So the fboundp test is necessary anyway although adding `(featurep
'xemacs)' is no problem, of course.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita