Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-error-overview and the left mouse

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-error-overview and the left mouse
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:16:05 +0200

Hi Uwe,

> Hi
>
> TeX-error-overview is a great function but, when I use left mouse to
> open a link to a error message, it jumps to the source file, but it also
> opens a third window with the log message. The last one on my 12 inch
> Laptop is useless. Can I deactivate the jump to the log window?

You're asking the wrong question, since, as David Carlisle once wrote,
«the answer to Can Emacs is always yes» ;-) [1]  Jokes apart, you can't
actually completely deactivate it, instead you can display the help in
the echo area by setting `TeX-help-display' to nil, which doesn't open
a new window, as you desire.  This impossibility to not show the help
predates `TeX-error-overview', I didn't change this behavior.  See the
manual section "Debugging" in Emacs with

  (info "(auctex)Debugging")

or at
https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#index-TeX_002ddisplay_002dhelp.

Bye,