Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex-reference not including autoref

From: Alex Branham
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex-reference not including autoref
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 09:57:47 -0500

On Tue 24 Apr 2018 at 09:52, Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> wrote:

> I guess that you didn't issue `make install' and instead write something
> like `(load "~/.emacs.d/lib/auctex/auctex.el" nil t t)' in your init
> file.
> If this guess is correct, then a situation like
>
>> a TeX-data-directory with the value
>> (expand-file-name "auctex" (file-name-directory load-file-name))
>> Which is one too many auctex's since file-name-directory expands to
>> "/home/alex/.emacs.d/auctex".
>
> would follow.
>
> AUCTeX assumes the following directory layout for installed files:
>
> --+ tex-site.el
>   + auctex.el
>   + auctex + tex.el(c)
>            + tex-buf.el(c)
>            + latex.el(c)
>            + ...
>            + style + acro.el(c)
>                    + acronym.el(c)
>                    + ...
>
> I.e., a subdirectory "auctex" is on the same level with tex-site.el and
> auctex.el, and all of the rest files are inside that subdirectory.  This
> is different from the status of git checkout, which is without "auctex"
> subdirectory.
> In other words, the git checkout directory cannot be used as an
> alternative of installation.
>
> Regards,
> Ikumi Keita

Thanks so much, that makes a lot of sense. Perhaps README.GIT needs to
be updated, then? It currently says, "Running ./autogen.sh on a fresh
clone of the Git repository will give you the state of the distribution
tarball, except that Git-specific files are not removed.", which doesn't
seem to be the case as far as I understand.

Thanks again,
Alex