Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Asking help for preview-latex

From: Chris Liddell
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Asking help for preview-latex
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 16:25:37 +0100

On 22/06/2019 15:15, Ken Sharp wrote:
> At 21:35 22/06/2019 +0900, Ikumi Keita wrote:
>

>> Thank you for your detailed explanation.  I realize it is almost
>> hopeless to achive our original intent by just replacing the existing
>> Postscript code.
>
> Don't give up entirely yet, we are still discussing this internally, but
> I wanted to be realistic in my reply.

We think we have a way to achieve what you need, but it relies on the
DELAYBIND feature which, unfortunately, was inadvertently broken in 9.27
(possibly, in truth, earlier than that).

I thought this (DELAYBIND) was going to be a fairly easy issue to , but
it turns out to be decidedly not the case, and it's taking longer than
expected.

NOTE: it's not a simple replacement of your current GS_PDF_ProcSet based
solution: it will mean a small change to how gs in invoked, and changes
to the Postcript you send to gs. We'll do our best to help you get the
changes done.

The advantage is, this should be more secure and more stable for the
future (hopefully!).

Regards,

Chris