Re: TeX-master and TeX-output-master

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: TeX-master and TeX-output-master
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 22:40:52 +0200

Tohiko Looka <toh.looka@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Tohiko,

> I was wondering if there's interest in extending auctex to have two
> properties: TeX-master and TeX-output-master. Then the correct master
> of the two is used in the hundred places or so in auctex where
> TeX-master-file is currently always used.

Yes, that sounds like a worthwhile feature to me.  If you would like to
work on that, we'd very much welcome such a nice addition.

In order to incorporate those changes into AUCTeX, you'd have to assign
copyright to the FSF, of course.  If you want, I can send you the
assignment request off-list.

Bye,
Tassilo