Re: Onwards to lexical binding (attempt 1)

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Onwards to lexical binding (attempt 1)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 01:17:12 +0900

> However, it seems that the first run of preview-latex on any region
> fails. It must be my conceptual patch that is guilty for that. I haven't
> looked into the actual codes yet, but my impression is that some kind of
> initialization is required to fix this...

Understood. Preview-latex (and presumably some other parts of AUCTeX)
calls TeX-command-expand directly, which bypasses setting
TeX-current-process-region-p. Thus TeX-active-master doesn't work as
expected.

>>> I think that the second argument of TeX-command-expand is no longer
>>> necessary, thanks to the fine utility TeX-active-master.

So this thought of mine wasn't correct. How about the attached patch?
It reverts TeX--master-or-region-file-with-extra-quotes to the former
form and uses the second argument of TeX-command-expand again.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita