Re: reftex and babel

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: reftex and babel
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:03:24 +0100

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I see something very different (see the attached screenshot, but also
> note that I cannot scroll down that buffer!

Have you tried

C-M-v
    Scroll the next window upward (scroll-other-window).

C-M-S-v
    Scroll the next window downward (scroll-other-window-down).

?

I admit that I didn't check RefTeX source to understand how it creates
those help buffers.

> So I chose e as in equations
>
> So may be my setting of reftex-label-alist  is the culprit?

Check the value of `reftex-ref-macro-prompt':

,----[ C-h v reftex-ref-macro-prompt RET ]
| reftex-ref-macro-prompt is a variable defined in ‘reftex-vars.el’.
|
| Its value is t
|
| If non-nil, ‘reftex-reference’ prompts for the reference macro.
|
|   This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
|   version 24.3 of Emacs.
|   You can customize this variable.

`----

I suspect you have that set to nil somewhere.

Note that you can use the interface provided by AUCTeX, i.e.,
'C-c C-m cref RET' instead of 'C-c )' from RefTeX if you know which
macro you want to use.

Best, Arash