reftex+catchfilebetweentags, reftex support for catchfilebetweentags tag

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: reftex+catchfilebetweentags, reftex support for catchfilebetweentags tags
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 22:21:54 +0100

Hi

The logic of catchfilebetweentags is as follows.

In an external file a text snippet has to be surrounded by tags like
this
,----
| %<*external-catches:1>
| This is important information
|

| %</external-catches:1>
`----

While in the main file this snipped can be inserted by

,----
| \ExecuteMetaData[external-catches.tex]{external-catches:1}
`----

Now in the current implementation of ExecuteMetaData

,----
|(TeX-add-symbols
| ("ExecuteMetaData"
|       ;; Act like \include and not like \input:
|       [TeX-arg-input-file "File" t] "Tag"))
`----

the file name of the external file can be easily inserted, however to
select the correct tag is more difficult. Even with

,----
| \usepackage{xr-hyper}
| \usepackage[colorlinks]{hyperref}
| \externaldocument[A-]{external-catches}
`----

Reftex does not support tags like <*external-catches:1>

Any idea how this could be implemented?

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.