[Good and bad news] (was: reftex+catchfilebetweentags, reftex support fo

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [Good and bad news] (was: reftex+catchfilebetweentags, reftex support for catchfilebetweentags tags)
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 14:58:39 +0100

>>> "UB" == Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Thanks for your answer, but....

I was wrong with the

> (add-to-list 'reftex-include-file-commands
> "ExecuteExternalMetaData" t)

> (add-to-list 'reftex-label-regexps
> "<\\*\\(?1:[^>]+\\)>" t)

Command reftex finds the labels. That is a first important step!
>> Then you need to add <*TAG-NAME> to `reftex-label-regexps'.  Finally,
>> you need to write a little lisp for your `ExecuteExternalMetaData' which
>> asks for two arguments, file name and then runs `reftex-label' with the
>> `no-insert' argument set to t in order to get only the label and insert
>> that without \ref.  This is the first part I tried and it works in terms

however the label is *incorrectly* inserted and I should add this lisp
code,

> \newcommand{\ExecuteExternalMetaData}[2]{%
> \ExecuteMetaData[#1]{#2}%

I tested the document with or without this macro I cannot spot any
difference.

There is another problem, but this most likely is more of a LaTeX
problem than a reftex problem.

If I have

\externaldocument{external-catches}

Then  \ExecuteMetaData[external-catches]{external-catches:1}

Works, however

If I have

\externaldocument[A-]{external-catches}
\ExecuteMetaData[external-catches]{A-external-catches:1}

Then latex does not find that label/tag

Thanks again for your help

Uwe