Re: beamer.el update candidate

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: beamer.el update candidate
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 01:13:37 +0900

Hi Uwe,

> I am currently updating my lecture notes, so I will use beamer quite a
> bit and would be happy to test your patch.

Thank you!

> Is there anything in particular I should check?
> Or in other words, did you add new feature or «only» cleaned up code
> and made things more stable.

The following two are primary improvements:
1 A lot of macros and several environments are added for input support at
  C-c C-m and C-c C-e, respectively.
2 A lot of macros and several environments now asks more optional
  arguments, mostly optional overlays (or actions), at C-c C-m and C-c
  C-e, respectively.

Other improvements include:
- When you insert section commands by C-c C-s, it asks more optional
  arguments. In addition, it now supports starred variants as well.
- The former beamer.el had "support" for \(sub)paragraph commands, which
  actually don't exist for beamer.cls. They are now gone.
- \bibitem now asks optional overlays at C-c C-j.
- Font lock support for \institute and \framesubtitle commands.
- Completion support for class option when you enter
  \documentstyle[...]{beamer} by C-c C-e document.
- "Clean" command now cleans .vrb files generated when [fragile] option
  is given to frame environment.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Ikumi Keita