Re: [AUCTeX] [feature request] including more completions for `C-c C-C'

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] [feature request] including more completions for `C-c C-C'
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 09:25:55 +0200

* Patrick Drechsler (2005-06-02) writes:

> apart from customizing AUCTeX I am wondering why basics like
> dvi2ps or ps2pdf, and dvi2pdf as a combo of both, are not offered
> by default after typing `C-c C-c'.

The choice of provided commands in AUCTeX mostly abstracts from
underlying implementations.  For example, it provides "File" instead
of "dvips ..." and "Check" instead of "lacheck ...".  I think we
should keep it that way if possible.

Other than that, the possibilities of AUCTeX regarding alternative
toolchains are currently rather limited.  If you work with "plain"
LaTeX the final format is DVI or PostScript for viewing and PostScript
for saving to a file and for printing.  For PDFLaTeX all of this is
obviously PDF.  (Ugh, just saw that printing doesn't work in
TeX-PDF-mode. )c:)