[AUCTeX] Multifile document questions

From: Harald von Aschen
Subject: [AUCTeX] Multifile document questions
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:43:44 +0200

(AUCTex snapshot dated 2005-07-16).

Hi,

Perhaps this is wrong asking this question about only an old snapshot?

Please consider following:

Master document with typical AMS-classes loaded
\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,amsthm}

Subdocs are included with the LaTeX-command \include, and in .emacs or site-start.el there is
(require 'tex-site)
(setq TeX-auto-save t)
(setq TeX-parse-self t)
(setq-default TeX-master nil)

Then I want to insert an environment in my subdoc by C-c C-e and a type mismatch "equa", so it is inserted in the auto file.

O.k., perhaps resetting buffer would help? Do the menu command "LaTeX" -> Multifile/Parsing -> Reset Buffer (C-c C-n). This helps, "equa" has gone. But then the AMS-environments like "split" are no longer available. Only closing the subdoc and open it again in Emacs helps. Correct? (I have just started this subdoc, so "split" has never been used here.) In the subdoc defined macros are known.

Next: C-c C-c or TeX-command-master called in the subdoc runs on the master file and correctly starts LaTeX/PDFTeX or BiBTeX etc. after each change in the subdocs or in the master. TeX-command-buffer or C-c C-b should run on the buffer but does not recognize when changes have been done, so after the first LaTeX-call only "View" is proposed as the next command and I have to enter manually LaTeX.

To try this, please put the following files in the associated directory tree

********** Master-file ***********
\documentclass[a4paper,10pt]{scrartcl}
\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,amsthm,dsfont,makeidx}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

\begin{document}
\include{./subdocs/teil01}
\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:
********* End Master-file ***********

Put in ./subdocs/ the file named teil01.tex with
********* teil01.tex***********
\newcommand{\hello}{abc} %this is parsed by C-c C-n
\begin{equation}
\end{equation}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: "../mymaster"
%%% End:
********* teil01.tex end *******

Then do C-c C-c in the subdoc teil01.tex and LaTeX is running through, C-c C-c again with view and a dvi viewer should be started. But then add a letter in teil01.tex, save and do C-c C-b (TeX-command-buffer) and only the view command is appearing.

Any hints?

Best regards

Harald