Re: [AUCTeX] $ in embedded environments (\framebox and \minipage) in mat

From: Harald von Aschen
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] $ in embedded environments (\framebox and \minipage) in math
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:00:26 +0200

At 12:36 17.09.05 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Harald von Aschen (2005-09-16) writes:
>
>> Here are two more cases in which it is only possible to force to use the
>> dollar sign $ in an embedded math environment by C-q $:
>> This are:
>>    \framebox
>>    \minipage
>
> Thanks, I changed texmathp.el accordingly in CVS.

I actually don't want to know just what a minipage or framebox should
be doing in math made...

Please see for example Gilbarg/Trudinger "Elliptic Partial Differential Equations" or Cioranescu/Saint Jean Paulin "Homogenization of Reticulated Structures", pg. 13, both Springer, where assumptions are enumerated and then given an equation number. Some people are even nesting equation numbers and there have been problems with this nested structures with AMS but they are fixed, see http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/required/amslatex/math/diffs-m.txt (and look there for minipage).

Instead of a framebox I can certainly use a fbox but not under all circumstances. (Yes, boxed equations look horrible, sorry for that but I've used it for a presentation.)

Best regards

Harald