Re: [AUCTeX] Pre-compiled CVS Emacs with AUCTeX for Windows

From: Harald von Aschen
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Pre-compiled CVS Emacs with AUCTeX for Windows
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:33:49 +0200

At 10:11 17.10.05 +0200, Ralf Angeli wrote:
[redirecting to the mailing list]

Sorry for sending it only to you, have forwared it again to the mailing list.

Harald von Aschen <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> On the other hand, great job, thank you for the precompiled version,
> these issues are not concerning AUCTeX, I suppose some Lisp-Code
> problems in PreviewLaTeX for the system call errors (have had alike
> errors with Aspell but with a "new" ispell.el the errors are mostly
> fixed. Now with your precompiled Emacs developer snapshat Aspell works
> fine and even the error about changing the language is fixed.

Hm, I haven't looked at how preview-latex interacts with the shell.
But if `M-x shell RET' exhibits the same problems you had with
preview-latex that would make a good/better test case for a bug report
to emacs-pretest-bug.

Ups, sorry, as I have just seen on sourceforge preview-latex has moved to AUCTeX. This means here is the right mailing list for preview-latex?

No I do not have problems with the shell, M-x shell works fine even in a fresh opened Emacs. It is not only the first call of "preview-latex" which produces this error "COMMAND-Verzeichnis falsch" (wrong command folder) as I have found out now. Sometimes this error occurs for "Generate preview at point". Mostly a second call is doing the job.

You are right, I should compile all for myself and see if this problem still appears, it could be with cmdproxy.exe? Although neither Emacs nor the Windows-Task-Manager is able to stop the processes started from emacs.

Best regards

Harald