[AUCTeX] Conversion of accented chars to TeX ASCII form

From: Christophe Troestler
Subject: [AUCTeX] Conversion of accented chars to TeX ASCII form
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:57:38 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am currently using X-Symbol to input accented chars and have them translated
to  TeX ASCII representation automatically (i.e. I type and see "é" but it is
saved as "\'e").  However X-Symbol seems not to be developed anymore.  Is there
an alternative to it for the above task? -- I searched the web without luck. (I
do not care so much about other aspects of X-Symbol.)

Cheers,
ChriS