Re: [AUCTeX] Re: help write a function?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: help write a function?
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:33:30 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-07-23) writes:

> Something like that.  We _do_ have a dtx to texinfo converter as part
> of preview-latex written in Perl, but while the output format is much
> more convenient from Emacs, the conversion is not likely to work
> reliably on arbitrary files.

That's what my original concern was when I referred to a "standardized
way" of writing documentation for LaTeX commands.  The term obviously
wasn't a good choice.  Of course latex can cope with the dtx files out
there, but we don't have a parser (or whatever you may call it) that
can reliably transform any of them into a format usable for a
reference system.  An info file including an index of all macros and
environments provided by a particular installation of a TeX system
would be really nice to have.