[AUCTeX] Activate editor or viewer when inverse or forward search

From: Miguel V. S. Frasson
Subject: [AUCTeX] Activate editor or viewer when inverse or forward search
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:21:52 -0300

Dear AUCTeX list

When enabling TeX-source-specials-mode, with default setting, doing
forward search I get in KDE (a friend of mine uses it) that xdvik is
not raised, and in Window Maker (the WM I use) it gets raised but not
active (focused).  This behavior is not optimal, because I like to get
xdvi control when I view the dvi.  Is there a way to make xdvi get
raise and get focus when we do forward search?

Now with inverse search, Emacs does not raise nor get focus.  This is
not nice, because often if I do inverse search, I like to see or edit
the .tex source code.  I have to get focus to Emacs by myself, while a
command line of xdvi could do that for me.

If TeX-source-specials-mode is off, I see in my desktop that C-c C-v
brings me another  xdvi window, even if I already have one with the
same file. Is this the way it was intended?

Regards

Miguel.

--
Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson