Re: [AUCTeX] \includegraphics completions

From: Adam Johnson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] \includegraphics completions
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:44:39 -0500

From: "Jindan Zhou" <address@hidden>

On 9/14/06, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

AUCTeX does not know \includegraphics before it has noticed that you
have \usepackage{graphicx} or similar in your document.  It will
notice this when you either

a) have inserted \usepackage via C-RET
b) manually rescan with C-c C-n
c) reload the file

That is the problem! I actually have \usepackage{graphicx} in
mypreambles.tex, where goes all my preambles and macros, and this file is in
turn included in my document. Looks like Auctex doesn't like this way:
\usepackage{graphicx} can not be included from an external file, or the
macro completion won't work. It's no big deal and I can live with it,
cheers!

I also write multi-file documents like your situation. It works very well in my case.
I think the commands TeX-auto-generate and TeX-auto-generate-global help.

TEXINPUTS and BIBINPUTS are also very neccessary.  Good luck.

--
Adam