Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Hyphenation of composite words and those with german um

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Hyphenation of composite words and those with german umlauts
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:20:16 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Bernhard Kleine (2006-09-23) writes:
>
>> Am Samstag, den 23.09.2006, 07:58 +0200 schrieb Bernhard Kleine:
>>>
>>> for a book I use the following preamble part:
>>>
>>> \NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e}
>>> \documentclass[{svmono}% Springer Classfile for monographs
>                  ^
>
>> Sorry this is already FAQ. I was to fast to post.
>
> And there is an unmatched bracket in your preamble.

Well, and it speaks for the integrated experience of Emacs/AUCTeX that
people consider posting this as an AUCTeX problem instead of a LaTeX
problem.

At one point of time we should probably implement functionality that
will tell people about frequent problems (with mouse-over hints?) and
non-conformance with l2tabu, possibly with hyperlinks to the
respective explanation.

Then such a report would indeed make sense on the AUCTeX mailing
list.  At the moment, however...