[AUCTeX] Re: 11.82; local texmf tree path not picked up when compiling

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: 11.82; local texmf tree path not picked up when compiling
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:28:14 +0200

* Shanks N. (2006-09-30) writes:

> Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>
>> The default in the texmf.cnd of my teTeX system provided by Debian is
>> TEXINPUTS.latex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic,}//
>> I haven't had to change anything for files in the local try to be
>> found.
>
> Well, it's the same for me too.  So changed it to
>
>   TEXINPUTS.latex =
> .;$TEXMFLOCAL/tex/{latex,generic,}//;$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic,}//
>
> and in a few other places and everything works fine in the shell as well
> as auctex.

I doubt this is the right solution.  TEXMFLOCAL should be part of
TEXMF and therefore the above changes shouldn't be necessary.  In my
texmf.cnf TEXMF is defined as
TEXMF = {$TEXMFCONFIG,$TEXMFVAR,$TEXMFHOME,$TEXMFSYSCONFIG,!!$TEXMFSYSVAR,!!$TEX
MFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFDIST}

Is this similar in your case?  In particular, is $TEXMFLOCAL
contained?  Does
kpsexpand \$TEXMF
list all relevant directories?