RE: [AUCTeX] AucTex and emacsw32

From: Adam Johnson
Subject: RE: [AUCTeX] AucTex and emacsw32
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 19:58:07 -0600

From: Simao Mata <address@hidden>

Hi,

I'm trying to install AucTex under windows and I'm using EmacsW32
(http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html).

I don't want to compile everything, do I have to?

Isn't there an auctex precompiled version without emacs bundled?

I guess you can still download and unzip the AUCTeX + Emacs Bundle for Windows. Then only copy its AUCTeX related el and elc files (i.e., the 'auctex' folder, the 'site-start.el' and the 'tex-site.el') in the site-lisp folder into your own Emacs' site-lisp folder. You may not need to update your Emacs everytime if you think that will be better and your emacs' version is new enough.

--
Adam

Get today's hot entertainment gossip http://movies.msn.com/movies/hotgossip?icid=T002MSN03A07001