Re: [AUCTeX] use of AUCTeX with csquotes

From: Peter Horst
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] use of AUCTeX with csquotes
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:02:30 -0600

Perfect, thanks so much.

Ralf Angeli wrote:
* Peter Horst (2006-12-02) writes:

> "In case you are using the ‘csquotes’ package, you should customize > LaTeX-csquotesopen-
> quote, LaTeX-csquotes-close-quote and LaTeX-csquotes-quote-after-quote."
>
> I'm afraid I don't follow - does this mean that it should be possible to > program AUCTeX to automatically insert '\enquote' instead of a > double-quotemark?

If by "automatically" you mean by typing <">, yes.

> I have made various attempts to customize the > above-mentioned LaTeX variables, with no success - I don't understand > exactly what I am supposed to insert as these variables' new values. > Would it be possible to get a simple example of this customization?

* M-x customize-variable RET LaTeX-csquotes-open-quote RET

* Insert "\enquote{" (without the quotes) in the editable field.

* Save the value by choosing "Save for future sessions" from the
  "State" menu.

* Do the same for `LaTeX-csquotes-close-quote', but insert "}" in the
  editable field.

* Either restart Emacs and load a file using the csquotes package or,
  if you already loaded such a file, type `C-c C-n' to parse it again
  and have the new values for the variables you just customized be
  applied.