[AUCTeX] reftex-do-citation format

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: [AUCTeX] reftex-do-citation format
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 04:34:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm new to Auctex, and I have a question regarding inserting
citations. When I insert multiple citations they are automatically
separated by a single ','. This is a problem when I have enough
citations to overflow a single line, since without a space in between
they cannot be properly auto-filled. The only solution I could find
was to change the reftex-do-citation function, specifically this line:

      (let ((concat-keys (mapconcat 'car selected-entries ",")))
                                                          ^^^

      (let ((concat-keys (mapconcat 'car selected-entries ", ")))
                                                          ^^^^

This seems to work, but is awkward as I have to load my custom
function after opening my .tex document to ensure that it works as
intended. Is there a better way to do this? If not, what is the
appropriate way to request this feature be incorporated into the
options of a future release?

Thanks!

--
Regards,