Re: [AUCTeX] debugging of multifile documents with TeX-next-error (2)

From: Stefan Vollmar
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] debugging of multifile documents with TeX-next-error (2)
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 00:48:14 +0200

Dear Ralf,

Am 02.07.2007 um 23:12 schrieb Ralf Angeli:

If I open vhist_spec0.tex in Emacs, execute `C-c C-c LaTeX RET' and then
jump to the first error with `C-c `', the file vhist_intro.tex will be
opened in the top window with point at the offending macro. The bottom
window will display the corresponding help text of the error.  If I
execute `C-c `' again, the analogous action happens for vhist_spec0.tex.
So in my case this works flawlessly.

If you had included the output buffer contents as requested, I probably
could have found out more.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Sorry about the missing logs (but you have to admit I am getting better with my bug reports), vhist.log (Linux) and vhist_mac.log (MacOSX) are now attached.

The file "vhist_styles.tex" where the global macros and settings are kept is very messy (I know), probably the AUCTeX list is not the place to ask for guidance with this as these problems are not strictly AUCTeX related?

And I forgot the
%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: "vhist"
%%% End:
part in that files. However, fixing that still yields the same results on my systems.

Here is another thought:

then jump to the first error with `C-c `'

this does not work well on my German keyboard, so I have put this line into my .emacs file:

(global-set-key [f6] 'TeX-next-error)

Remember: I am a "rookie" with this - maybe this is the problem (I repeatedly pressed f6 to display the error positions) - altough I do not think so.

If I open vhist_spec0.tex in Emacs, execute `C-c C-c LaTeX RET' and then
jump to the first error with `C-c `', the file vhist_intro.tex will be
opened in the top window with point at the offending macro.

Not in my case: I tried to replicate exactly that scenario and only the error in vhist_spec0.tex is displayed that way.

Many thanks in advance,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung