Re: [AUCTeX] error in compiling latex from within XEmacs+AucTeX

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] error in compiling latex from within XEmacs+AucTeX
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:50:09 +0200

"Dr. A.P. BABURAJ" <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear list members
>
> I am getting the following error while compiling a latex file from
> within Xemacs+auctex (i.e. by using alt c l shortcut). I have
> installed from Xemacs and Auctex using the sumo tarball for windows. I
> have no problem in running latex from the command prompt in wondows. I
> guess it could be due to the % or the \nonstopmode in the latex
> command as defined in AUctex. I am unable to find the place where the
> latex command should be changed. Is this the problem? or is it
> something else. Could anybody please help?
>

>> Running `LaTeX' on `junk' with ``%`latex\nonstopmode%' junk.tex''
>> The system cannot find the path specified.
>>
>> LaTeX exited abnormally with code 1 at Fri Sep 07 18:23:02

Your installation is a mixture of different AUCTeX versions.  Maybe
you have copied your .emacs (or .xemacs/init.el or whatever) from
someplace else with different software versions.

Try reporting problems with the command
M-x TeX-submit-bug-report RET
or the equivalent menu entry in the LaTeX menu.

You might also want to try
M-x list-load-path-shadows RET

to see whether this turns up any duplicate installation files.