Re: [AUCTeX] Font changing commands messed up after listings containing

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Font changing commands messed up after listings containing $
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 20:41:19 +0200

* Tassilo Horn (2009-07-10) writes:

> Before that listing `C-c C-f C-f' inserts \textsf{}, but after that
> listing the same key inserts \mathsf{}, because it thinks I was in a
> math environment.
>
> How do I teach auctex to ignore any dollars in lstlisting environments?

`texmathp' is not aware of verbatim content.  One could probably change
this by letting it call `LateX-verbatim-p' (if available) each time it
finds a math switching command.  This will make it slower, though.

The usual workaround for your problem is to add "%$" after the
environment with the verbatim text.