Re: [AUCTeX] ConTeXt environment problem with display in right encoding

From: Jerzy Gbur
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] ConTeXt environment problem with display in right encoding
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 00:25:58 +0200

Ralf Angeli pisze:
* Jerzy Gbur (2009-07-11) writes:

The situation is:
In LaTex environment:
\usepackage[cp1250]{inputenc}
or
\usepackage[latin2]{inputenc}
makes that text in emacs buffer is readible.
I mean special characters looks like they should not like "\344, \542 ..."

But in ConTeXt environment line:
"\enableregime[latin2]"
doesn't fix that.

The Emacs package latexenc which figures out the coding system for LaTeX
files loading the inputenc package is not aware of the \enableregime
command of ConTeXt.

Is there any simple method to force to display on encoding I want?

You can add a coding cookie as described in
(info "(emacs)Specify Coding").

Thank you,
Your answer was very helpful.
I found that 'M-x prefer-coding-system' function should be enough for me.

Kind Regards,

Jerz