[AUCTeX] auctex preview in emacs

From: Kenneth Pedersen
Subject: [AUCTeX] auctex preview in emacs
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:06:27 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I just started using auctex 11-85 within emacs v.23 on linux with latex, and I
can't get the preview function to work properly, on shortcut C-c C-p C-p, when I
include \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}.
I have a number of different packages included, in the document.

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[danish]{babel}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{amsfonts}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{ulem}
\usepackage{graphicx}

When I comment out \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}, the preview works fine, except
that now, all the danish characters look wierd. I there some way, to make auctex
or emacs work with utf8?
So that the preview window will pop up, when I include the utf8 package ?

Hope I provided enough information.

Thanks.