[AUCTeX] Problem with xdvis 'watchfile' option in Auctex 11.86

From: Fabian Ossevorth
Subject: [AUCTeX] Problem with xdvis 'watchfile' option in Auctex 11.86
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 11:42:29 +0200

After upgrading to AUCTeX 11.86 my xdvi did not reload the dvi file when recompiling the tex file.
I have read that there have been a lot of changes to the viewer selection and its options, but I have to admit that I am not familiar with lisp coding.
So far, I have the following code in my .emacs (only the watchfile stuff, which means a lot to me)

(add-to-list 'TeX-command-list '("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard nil t))
(add-to-list 'TeX-output-view-style
          "%(o?)xdvi -watchfile 1 %dS %d"))

And it doesn't work anymore.
My question is, how do I get the 'watchfile' option back in 11.86?
I have read about the new user options but I don't know how to use them.

Thanks and best regards,

Fabian

Windows 7 - Alles was Du brauchst und noch viel mehr!