[AUCTeX] dollar and mmm-mode

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [AUCTeX] dollar and mmm-mode
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:03:55 +0200

Hello,

I've read that there is still the problem with the dollar.

http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Known-problems.html#Known-problems

I'm using mmm-mode with a respective font-locking inside a \begin{chunk}
... \end{chunk} environment.
Adding "chunk" to the LaTeX-verbatim-environments is therefore no option
for me.

But I guess, it would be somehow possible to convince mmm-mode to switch
off the special treatment of $ if it switches the context from
latex-mode to the respective code mode.

Any idea how this could be done? Hints are greatly appreciated since
elisp is not my primary programming environment.
But this needless adding of %$ is so annoying that I want to get rid of
it even if I must figure it out myself how.

Best regards